Saturday, April 6, 2013

Almost the last super

This is going to be a short version, I just wrote a mammoth post and lost it.

6 days running and I am not sick of my poached egg and green combo.  With cassava leaf, kang kong, pumpkin stems, Brazilian spinach, ceylonese spinach, loofah, wing beans, eggplant, snake beans, and garlic chives to choose from no wonder I'm not sick of it, especially when the eggs yokes are soft and they spill and make a rich sauce combined with the greens. Mmmmmmm!

Sans pic you know what my eggs and greens look like.
I also ate lots of ripe paw paw today, the season is about to start Yah!

But it was green banana day and that is what I am here to write about.

As I was preparing to make my green bananas for breakfast I had the idea that I could make green banana flat bread, just like I did With the cassava.  So I peeled them, boiled them, mashed them with salt and oil and baked them. Yum bloody oh! Especially with my stir fried greens ( ceylonese spinach, snake beans, loofah) and roasted pumpkin.

Tomorrow is the last day of the challenge and I am looking forward to a dinner prepared with others on the challenge and lots of talking about food.  It's also market day so an opportunity to stock up on lots of fresh local food.  But how will I proceed into the new week. I am looking fwd to a cup of coffee and toast with cheese, because this food prep thing is pretty full on, but am I going to feel as good afterwards?

And this local food thing is not for young kids, we definitely cannot go another week of preparing 
separate meals, so I guess we will have to find a middle ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment