Friday, April 5, 2013

Cassava cassava cassava

It's all I can think about is cassava and how I can get more....anyone.....

Is anyone out there reading this anyway?

 I have rediscover boiled eggs, what an amazing food source and so tasty just in its own. But with most things in life I have a hard time detecting the edge and often go over... By the end of the day I never wanted to see another egg.


So breakfast was boiled eggs, sweet leaf, cucumber, herbal tea and fresh out of the oven cassava bread with lashings of honey. Mmmm, instead of savouring my last cassava bread I generously gave it to a starved Michael, who declared it delicious... About the first thing this week he has said delicious too. Which is quite the opposite to what he had to say about dinner.

I almost forgot to mention my usual eggs for morning tea. Poached with last night left over loofah and bamboo shoot. 

Wow I eat a lot eh!

Lunch was roasted pumpkin fleshed harvest from garden, with a roasted eggplant cucumber and sweet leaf salad. Delish!


As for dinner, I got home late from an amazing yoga class with James murphy, so elated I didn't think I was hungry.  But when the local food authority declared that dinner was inedible, I thought I better get myself a big plate of it and show (him) otherwise.

I forgot to Take a photo. Not a bad forgetting... It was not the most attractive looking dish. Buffalo meat and yes I confess not from 100km away but about 400km (oenpeli) so I declared it local. And thats not what the authorities had a problem with ....it was my flavour combination. I slow cooked it with curry leaves, galangal, turmeric and the juice of a coconut as I did not have the means to make milk and I also grated in green/pink paw paw... Anyway it was totally edible the cassava chips and roasted pumpkin were the perfect accompaniment.

Before bed I googled images of cassava.... and moaned and groaned and salivated over the lack of... I guess if they aren't in the garden I can't expect Michael to go out and harvest for me... But I keep
asking in hope he will just appear with the golden fruit.

Alas he is not in the garden of eden harvesting me any cassava tubers. He is lying next to me declaring "i'm hungry and fear i might have to prepare myself something to eat'

As cassava is off the menu I'm looking into what I can do with green bananas. I'm running out of loot. And feeling desperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment