Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Good neighbour

Before I start going on about what I ate blah blah blah... The biggest thanks to Georgia who delivered a care package of cassava, eggs and coconuts all from her garden.  They will be put to good use. All contributions welcome.


Breakfasts are getting better by the day. Today k8 inspired Gulum jamans. When I made them last night I tried and thought ok edible, but this morning they were that much better because they had been sitting in the syrup all night and got all fat and juicy and soft. 
And lunch well it was good old greens and eggs, but the addition of my cassava flat bread made it. and you al know how i like my sourdough artisan bread... well step aside cassava flat bread here we come. I considered how good a coffee would be and got a glass of rain water with a squeeze of lime.

I always thought cassava had to be deep fried to be any good, but have I discovered a thing or two this week about the root veg that is littered all over our garden. These are defiantly worth including in the cook book.
Ps they are papaya seeds trying on the plate behind which we use as a pepper substitute.


No comments:

Post a Comment