Thursday, April 4, 2013

I feel like its getting easier and more natural

When I arrived home from work, the rest of the family and two dinner guests were ready to sit down to spag bol! About the most unlocal thing you can think of, but putting the kids on the challenge would be harder than I have the stamina for.

So with very little time, I through together a delicious dinner of fried loofah, bamboo shoots barramundi fish and my new favourite casava crisp bread, which was perfect for topping and mopping up loofah which is so juicy and flavoursome you have to wonder why we go to the effort of growing zucchini, with all the hand pollination and rats eating the young fruit.

And I know there was some serious converting of my meal going on at the table.

Now that I have a 'bread' substitute I can relax about breakfast, perhaps it will be honey on cassava bread.... Mmmm probably would need a good lashing of butter and cup of coffee to wash it down....or is that just my old taste buds talking.

Until tomorrow morning. Three days to go!

Then what.... Will I revert back to my old ways...seems unlikely with all my new found knowledge of the garden and produce and what potential there is, but in the reality it is time consuming and life is busy and I can see how easily and quickly opening a packet will be the chosen option... Or maybe not!

No comments:

Post a Comment