Monday, April 1, 2013

Breakfast time already

Well it is not breakfast time again yet, but it will be soon and I'm hoping it'll be moorish than this mornings!

So I've got a second batch or sugarcane on the stove, the first was just a test, but this time is is cooking with pandan leaves and smells divine. Where is this all going for breakfast you ask.... Well I have a vision of  Grushas famous territory delight (Turkish delight made with casava) but instead of the rose water I'm using pandan and instead of sugar im using sugar cane syrup. So not too sweet, would be awesome with a coffee but as that is off the menu I guess it'll be herbal tea from the garden.

So if you can imagine little puddings steamed in banana leaves, that is what I am imagining, but the imagination is strong and my cooking of local food is novice, so fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment